Saturday 14 September 2013

Provincial elections for Surat Thani tomorrow

Tomorrow it's show time again, provincial elections are being held for the province or changwat (จังหวัด) of Surat Thani.

Provincial elections in Surat Thani province

A poster for the Democrat Party for tomorrow's provincial elections

This will mean that bars will be closed and no alcohol is served, unless you are in a restaurant and you can still order your beer or wine there!

On my recent travels to Koh Phangan and Koh Tao I have only seen posters by two parties and it's the same on Koh Samui!

The actual voting mostly takes place in local schools which in place can mostly be found again at the local temples.

Don't forget to use my Camille's Samui hotel recommendation blog and my Camille's Thailand hotel recommendation blog for all your hotel bookings on Koh Samui and around Thailand. By doing so, you will support my blog. Thanks folks!

Camille

No comments: