Sunday 12 May 2013

Juzza Pizza 2 in Bophuds Fisherman's Village revisited

Recently our family finds it's way more often than not to Juzza Pizza (that's a link to a blog post of 4 years ago) in Fisherman's Village. The food is great , the view is stunning from the terrace and the breathtaking sunsets don't hurt either! It's affordable as well.


The outside terrace, well worth making a reservation here

It's our favorite Italian restaurant by choice and we visit about once a month at least at the moment.  If I remember correctly before my last trip to Indonesia, my last meal on the island was here and upon returning the first meal was here again!


The interior hasn't changed a lot since 2009!

Interesting is that they had the first incarnation of this restaurant in Chaweng's Soi Green Mango, until around 2000 or 2001, where now Henry's Africa is located. A location that turned out to be a good choice to impress the girl that now is my wife!


Tomato soup with garlic, sage with dash of parsley

They have some heavenly starters, this tomato soup with sage is one of them, but the Sauteed Mushroom with Butter and Garlic also do the trick for me. 


Barracuda Fish Steak Caper
Sauteed and topped with caper sauce, served with buttered spaghetti

My wife who's pregnant ordered the above dish and than decided that the taste and smell of capers didn't go down well with her overactive taste and smell buds, allowing me to clean up this dish. Lucky me, I thought it delicious.



Our son's pizza, a good size and super crusty bottoms, just as we like it

Twelve different pizza's are on the menu plus another 10 vegetarian pizza options are offered, plenty to choose from.


 Home made...Gnocchi...!!!
Creamy blue cheese sauce (pictured above), Fresh basil tomato sauce or Parmesan cream sauce

The gnocchi's were delicious, 'nuff said! This was my choice of the day.



Last but not least, my all time fave here; Spinach Cream
Spinach and a dash of garlic, in creamy sauce with Parmesan with the choice of spaghetti, fettuccine or penne

Our daughter went for my all fave dish, the Spinach cream pasta, hence I took the gnocchi's! This dish is awesome, in my book and 9 out of 10 times this is what I order.

Juzza Pizza is well worth a visit and a reservation for a table on the terrace with a view over the bay and Koh Phangan is recommended at 077 245662-3, keep in mind that the restaurant is closed on Mondays.
The restaurant can be found if you come from the traffic lights, go all the way down to the pier and take a right, after about 300 meters it's at your left hand.

Don't forget to use my Camille's Samui hotel recommendation blog and my Camille's Thailand hotel recommendation blog for all your hotel bookings on Koh Samui and around Thailand. By doing so, you will support my blog. Thanks folks!

Camille

No comments: