Sunday 31 March 2013

First Charity Koh Samui Midnight Run, race night

Promptly at midnight the runners for the 5km and 10km runs as part of the Samui Midnight Run were sent on their way! My guesstimate was that around 600 runners gathered out of which maybe a 150 were running the race in both categories and the other 450 were there to enjoy the 5km fun run and dress up and have fun! A very good turn out for this first time event.

First Koh Samui Midnight Run, start and finish

Start and finish in front of the Reggae Pub

I participated in the 10km run and ended second in my age category in a time of 54'25.1 which is not really a great time for my standards but considering the time of the day and the still very humid conditions, not too bad.  
This was my second Midnight Run that I participated in, a year and a half ago I ran the Bangkok Midnight Run.

First Koh Samui Midnight Run, before the start

My friend Stuart who ran the 5km and me before the run

The while event was well organized including the registration, except the finish was very chaotic with a big traffic jam/clog up in front of the finish line when I came in. I had to wriggle my way through cars, bikes and a few people on feet.
It was fun to run through Soi Reggae and Soi Green Mango though!

First Koh Samui Midnight Run, 2nd spot

2nd spot

It was a fun event although it's not easy to run at that time of the day! It's good to see this event on Samui's running schedule especially considering that the Samui marathon seems to have been cancelled and is off the Samui running agenda.

Don't forget to use my Camille's Samui hotel recommendation blog and my Camille's Thailand hotel recommendation blog for all your hotel bookings on Koh Samui and around Thailand. By doing so, you will support my blog. Thanks folks!

Camille

No comments: