Tuesday 2 October 2012

Welcome to October 2012

Hello October 2012. May you be as good as the last 4 years, when we had two excellent versions and two fairly common 'mixed bags' versions of October. Only my first registered October in 2007 was not a good October for weather around the island.

View from the hills behind Plai Laem

View from the hills behind Plai Laem

Typical weather for this month is a fair enough amount of sunshine laced with rain. Ideally rain during the evenings and not day long showers but more the tropical variation, one or two hours rain and then the sun breaks through again!

Around the 20th of this month I will leave once more for Indonesia and will keep you updated from there!

Don't forget to use my Camille's Samui hotel recommendation blog and my Camille's Thailand hotel recommendation blog for all your hotel bookings on Koh Samui and around Thailand. By doing so, you will support my blog. Thanks folks!

Camille

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't wait... fly out next week....

Camille said...

Hope you enjoy it Alex, the weather right now is great!

Chris said...

Hello,
my name is Chris and I was hoping to ask you a couple of questions about living in Koh Samui. I am from the States and have never traveled abroad before. I would like to stay for a year or longer.

Originally, I thought I could budget around 15,000bht/month ($487 USD). But, many are saying it takes around 30,000bht.

What is your opinion?

Thanks for any help!

Blessings,
Chris

Camille said...

Hi Chris,

Living on a budget of 15,000.-THB per month is stretching it very thin. That would mean living in Thai style and if you’ve never been abroad, that would be a bit of a culture shock and I’m not sure if you would enjoy that. The other figure of 30,000.-THB is a more realistic figure in my opinion and even than you will be living on a ‘small’ budget without much room to spare for enjoyable or fun activities.

Don’t forget to also budget for health insurance in case you get ill or have an accident.

Hope this helps for now.

Chris said...

Very cool, thanks a lot Camille I appreciate it!