Wednesday 31 October 2012

Goodbye to October 2012

Time to say goodbye to October 2012!

It has been a good month for the weather this October version of the year 2012. Plenty of sunny days and right now, at the end of the month it's warm, sunny and dry.

There were some occasional showers and we had a freak storm pass by late in the month but overall it was a good month and much better than average and most certainly not a mixed bag, weather wise.

Guan Yu, Hua Thanon deity head

The main deity's head overlooking the Guan Yu shrine in Hua Thanon

It's been a busy month for me with a visit to the Alambic rum distillery in Ban Thale and a much more emotionally laden visit to the government hospital in Surat Thani town where my mother in law stayed for just over two weeks and underwent surgery for cancer.
She's actually back home right now and we're waiting for word from the doctor to see what the updated situation is.

For work it has been really busy with an IDC on Koh Samui early on this month and yesterday I finished an IDC on Gili Air in Indonesia. Next week I will be home again for about 10 days before I take off once more, this time to the Philippines for an IDC on Malapascua.

bring on November and it's monsoon but let's cross our fingers that we won't get washed away by rain this year!

Don't forget to use my Camille's Samui hotel recommendation blog and my Camille's Thailand hotel recommendation blog for all your hotel bookings on Koh Samui and around Thailand. By doing so, you will support my blog. Thanks folks!

Camille

No comments: