Saturday 22 September 2012

Princess' Cup, Samui Marathon 2012 registration

The Samui marathon has had a bit of a professional lift up. Today is registration day and only today. The previous two years you could just show up on the morning and get your BIB or start number.

Samui marathon 2012

The registration tent, pretty busy when we were there shortly after noon today

Some 3,000 runners in all categories are expected tomorrow morning, which sounds like a boost compared to last year.
It all kicks off very early, at 4.30am the marathon runners start and at 5am it's show time for the half marathon runners.


My BIB number and my running shoes for tomorrow

This is going to be my third half marathon already this year! After Phuket and Pattaya, it's my first half marathon on Samui. In the previous two editions of 2010 and 2011.
The 2010 quarter marathon was one of my first races. I've come a long way since! 


My current running shoe collection, on the left very old Vibrams, next to it a pair of black Vibram Bikila LS, bought in the Philippines, a pair of Merrell's bought in Indonesia and a white pair of Vibram Bikila LS. The latter will be my race shoes tomorrow

I'm looking forward to a good race tomorrow and will be happy if I can stay under two hours. Although I'm all carbed up and well trained and rested, I don't think that I will be able to run a personal best but most certainly I will enjoy the race.
Good luck to all participants!

Don't forget to use my Camille's Samui hotel recommendation blog and my Camille's Thailand hotel recommendation blog for all your hotel bookings on Koh Samui and around Thailand. By doing so, you will support my blog. Thanks folks!

Camille

No comments: