Wednesday 23 November 2011

Koh Samui, Thailand daily weather update; 23rd November, 2011

Today's weather;

Koh Samui woke up under a nice blue sky with not that many clouds in it. Current temp at 7am is 27.7C

Yesterday saw just a little bit of rain in the morning and during the afternoon around Samui, it was cloudy but rather dry. Max temp reached 31.2C

The forecast remains good, rain and clouds for the next few days and around the weekend things should start to clear up again and the sun will have it chances again.

View from Gili Air onto Lombok

Gili Air remains hot and warm, this morning sees a blue sky and no wind at all, it looks like a very hot day is ahead of us. Yesterday saw a more windy day, which cooled things down a bit and around noon there was the usual dark clouds and rain over Lombok but they didn't cross over the bay to the Gili islands.

The flood situation is stable now and slowly but surely the situation will 'dry up' and it's time to move on. Unless major developments occur, I won't update on the flood anymore but you're still free to book your accommodation on my Koh Samui hotel recommendation blog and my Thailand hotel recommendation blog.

Camille

4 comments:

Lorne said...

My wife and I are going to Thailand for 2 months. We have a 2 and 4 year old girls. We will be in Chaing Mai for about a week with friends then to Koh Samui for about a week or two. We have traveled all over Thailand together , but never with kids. How is the Mosquitos? Diving? A good place to stay?

Lorne

Camille Lemmens said...

Hi Lorne,

It’s not that much different to travel Thailand with children. I have two myself and it’s a very children friendly country. Mosquitos are around and my advice is to have sprays available and maybe buy some electrical tools for during the night. You can never exclude them though, being cautious and prepared helps though.

Having never been to Chiang Mai myself, my sister was really impressed with the Centara Duantawan and she has two teenagers to look after.

On Samui I recommend Choengmon beach , pending on your budget either Choengmon beach & hotel spa or the Imperial Boathouse.

For all your diving adventures, contact me once you’re on Samui or shortly before hand and I can sort out all your dive wishes around Samui.

Hope this helps for now but please let me know if you have any further questions.

Lorne said...

I will contact you. I will want to dive when I am there. We are on about a 50 dollar a night budget. But that can be increased depending on location. We would love beach of course. We plan on being there around the 15th. I will contact you. Let me know if any accommodations come up that you know of.

Lorne

Camille said...

Hi Lorne,

Please do get in touch in due time. Check my previous response, the Choengmon beach hotel should fit your budget.