Sunday 30 October 2011

Koh Samui, Thailand daily weather update; 30th October, 2011

Today's weather;

The sky over Koh Samui is looking good, plenty of blue at the moment but darker clouds are already gearing up in the distance and the forecast for today predicts showers and/or drizzle pretty much all day. Current temp at 7am is 27.1C

Yesterday saw a nice start of the day but clouds moved in fairly fast and shortly after noon we saw a bit of rain. The afternoon was a mixed bag but stayed dry. Max temp reached 29.7C

The forecast is looking good, tomorrow should have some rain but the afternoon and the rest of the week look excellent with no rain and hardly any clouds. Let's hope they got it right!

Samui's sky yesterday afternoon

Regarding the flood situation around Bangkok the size of the flood threat is being down scaled and the PM stated that it's nearly over. Prices are shooting up though of some consumer goods due to shortages.

It's time to sit out the weekend and wait for the water levels to start receding, which in some areas could bu to a month.

If you're planning to visit Koh Samui or any other part of Thailand, please have a look at respectively my Samui hotel recommendation blog and my Thailand hotel recommendations blog with first hand knowledge of many local hotels and by booking on this site, by using the Agoda or Hotels Combined buttons you help me indirectly maintaining my blog. There are also my beloved beer buttons around the blog and a donation button can be found on the top left of this blog, in case you find my blog helpful. Thanks!

Camille

2 comments:

Jane said...

Hi Camille,

I found your Samui blog just a while ago. Tried to leave you a message on the blog but the link did not work. So I then found your IDC email address. Hope you are checking it.

I am planning a honeymoon trip and find Koh Samui an interesting place. I am however concerned about the weather around early December. A friend of mine was jokingly indicating tsunami or bad weather. What do you think?

Assuming weather is not a problem, have you heard of Bandara Resort or The Sarann or Lamai Wanta? I usually use AsiaRooms for my hotel bookings.

Could you please recommend a 4-star place which is both by the beach as well as close to shopping spots? I would be most grateful!

Thank you very much.

Jane

Camille said...

Hi Jane,

Good to see that you’re creative and find the email link ;-)

Early December is usually not the best time of the year to visit Samui. I’s in the middle of the rainy season and unfortunately likely to be wet.
Please have a look at my archives, half way down the page on my Samui info and weather blog, left hand side, they go back a few years. Open a month that you’re interested in and check one of the of the last posts of each month, starting with ‘Goodbye to…………’ this post will tell you the weather conditions for that month.
You can also check each individual post for that month if you wish to.

The Bandara is a very nice place indeed. For hotel recommendations please check out my Samui Hotel blog

Hope this helps for now.