Tuesday 18 October 2011

Koh Samui, Thailand daily weather update; 18th October, 2011

Today's weather;

Back on Koh Samui again after my short side trip to Bangkok and visit the Dutch Embassy. The sky here is a mixed bag of clouds and blue spots, making it look like another fine day is in the making. Current temp at 7am is 26C
The foreast for the next 7 days is still looking good.

Bangkok is still being threatened with being flooded. There's a 48 hour deadline being issued by Bangkok governor Sukhumbhand Palibatra last night. The Air Force is getting ready to move airplanes from the old Don Muang airport and the cost of the clean up could end up being in excess of BT100bn (that's billion!).

The Nassir el Massri Egyptian restaurant's second floor private group room on the second floor, one of my fave eateries in Bangkok, located on Sukhumvit Soi 3/1, I was here again last Sunday for dinner

Yesterday saw a nice and warm on Samui and not a single drop of rain. Max temp reached 31.2C

Most of yesterday I did spend in Bangkok though and it was a dry day around the city with hardly any rain to speak of. In the general picture this may have helped to ease the overall situation. Max temp reached 31.2C
All Embassy work was hopefully dealt with in good manners this time around and just to be on the safe side, my fingerprints were taken twice, so a back up is in place. Although it's a complete 'Big Brother' scenario, the Embassy staff was very helpful. One more has to this week to get fingerprinted again, according to Embassy staff.

My stay at the S31 was lovely and is recommendable.

Camille

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Camille. Great blog and I wondered if you could answer a quick question for me. My fiance and I are getting married at the Amari Palm, Cheweng Beach, on Nov 29th (flying into Koh Samui on the 25th and will be staying for 2 weeks)and I'm hoping that you can tell me what the weather is generally like over this period as I know the official rainy season start in Nov.
Keep up the good work and I look forward to your repost.
Neil
cricens

Camille said...

Hi Neil,

Late November doesn't usually look that great on Samui. Sorry to have to tell you.

Please have a look at my archives, half way down the page on my Samui info and weather blog, left hand side, they go back a few years. Open a month that you’re interested in and check one of the of the last posts of each month, starting with ‘Goodbye to…………’ this post will tell you the weather conditions for that month.
You can also check each individual post for that month if you wish to.