Monday 31 October 2011

Goodbye to October 2011

Goodbye to October 2011

On Koh Samui this was rather a nice month and weather wise it was nice enough with plenty of sunshine and just occasionally some rain. A good October! Slightly better in my opinion than the average 'October mixed bag' kind of weather which is to be expected during this month.

The family trip to Bangkok with our stay at the Windsor Suites with a visit to the Ministry of Foreign affairs (now flooded!) and the Dusit Zoo were interesting. It became even more interesting when it turned out that I was one of about 500 Dutchies who had to go back to the Dutch Embassy due to electronic problems with my fingerprints. It all got sorted though and I have my new passport.
Running a Midnight run in Bangkok was also a memorable moment for me.


Thai water relief officials in action

On Samui the Rua Chack Phra was an interesting event and right now I'm working hard with my current PADI IDC on Samui, which is halfway.


Water bottle genius

The Northern area around Bangkok and the city itself where world news this month because of the current flood situation.
With currently 381 people having passed away because of these floods and large parts of industrial and residential areas being flooded, it's not a good situation and the government is under a lot of criticism how the situation has been handled.

A series of short animations explaining the current the flood situation using simple language and featuring a cute pod of 50 million blue whales has become a big hit on youtube.

Samui on the other hand had no floods at all and it was actually a nice October!

I'm looking forward to next month, a short wreck dive trip to Pattaya is scheduled early next month followed by the fourth and last PADI IDC this year on Gili Air in Indonesia.

Last but not least, if you're planning to visit Koh Samui or any other part of Thailand, please have a look at respectively my Samui hotel recommendation blog and my Thailand hotel recommendations blog with first hand knowledge of many local hotels and by booking on this site, by using the Agoda or Hotels Combined buttons you help me indirectly maintaining my blog. There are also my beloved beer buttons around the blog and a donation button can be found on the top left of this blog, in case you find my blog helpful. Thanks!

Camille

No comments: