Friday 31 December 2010

Goodbye to December 2010

Goodbye to December 2010

December 2010 was the second month in a row during which most time of the time month was spend outside of Koh Samui, just like November 2010. Still I managed to update this blog daily with Samui weather impressions, thanks to a hotline with my wife!

I must admit that I'm contemplating changing the frequency of the blog posts, to once or twice updating per week but I can't seem to solve that puzzle yet. Possibly later this year..........

Motorbike samlor, a typical sight on Koh Lanta

The first part of December I spent on the lovely island of Koh Lanta, where in short succession I conducted a second PADI IDC.

After Lanta it was off to Phuket for a couple of days to assist my IDC candidates during their PADI IE in Phuket.

Than at last I got a couple of days to spend on Samui before I took off for a short holiday trip to the United Arab Emirates.

A traditional breakfast in a very traditional Bedouin tent, the coffee drinking part with one of my hosts and friends Bader

This holiday was definitely the highlight of the month and the first couple of days were spent in Umm al-Quwain, a a quiet and more residential Emirate where both my friends Imad and Bader live.

All 4 of my hosts together, Sunil, Bader, Imad and Anup.

Thanks guys for taking care of me and showing me around in grand style, it was amazing!

Dubai skyline

The second part of my stay was spent in Dubai, probably the most well known Emirate. It was a great time and I'm looking forward to a next visit.

It's now almost a week since I'm back on Samui and it's great to spend time with the family together and wait for the New Year to start, recharging the batteries!

The weather on Samui during December wasn't that great, early on in the month there was plenty of rain and flooding occurred again all over the island, the 6th being a very wet day.
Later during the the month, rather typical is around the middle of the month the rain subsided and sunshine became part of the scenery again.

Happy New Year to all of you out there, reading my blog!

Camille

No comments: