Sunday 12 September 2010

Koh Samui, Thailand daily weather update; 12th September, 2010

Today's weather;

Phangan's sky is partly clouded this morning but it looks like the sun will burn some holes through that layer. Current temp at 7am is 25.8C.

Yesterday saw a nice and sunny day with a max temp of 31.3C

It was also a well deserved day off from my current IDC on Koh Phangan and my family visited me, they're back on the ferry to Samui this morning.

Strangely enough it was also the third time within a week that I moved to a new place but now it seems that I've found a permanent place for the remainder of my stay. The first place had the water shut off, so no showers were possible, I moved to the resort next door and didn't had time yet to look for something else. Yesterday I found a lovely bungalow for a good price.

Shortly after we moved in, my wife saw something fall out of a tree next to the new bungalow with a big thumb and on closer inspection, it was the meter and a half long green snake pictured below.

It just sat there for a few minutes, giving me the opportunity to take a few pictures.

It soon had enough of it's modelling career and it rustled off the nearest tree and disappeared within moments.

Camille

6 comments:

Paul Garrigan said...

I am glad to hear that you now have water Camille. We previously lived in an area of Thailand with a lot of snakes - I don't miss them.

Camille said...

Hi Paul,

It was one of those TIT stories, I ended up staying for few nights in the resort of the people that initially were the cause why I didn't receive water in the first place!

I'm also not a big snake fan but I'm getting better at it. This was apparently a harmless or non poisonous tree snake.

Martyn said...

Camille, harmless or not that's one big mother ****** snake. My photo would have turned out very fuzzy where my hands had been shaking so much.

Connie said...

Wij waren in Chang Mai en zagen ook zon mooie groene de weg oversteken, helaas voor de slang kwam er een busje aan....
We zagen hem uit elkaar spatten, minder fraai gezicht.
Ik ben ook geen fan van slangen, brr.

Camille said...

Hi Martyn,

It was a big'un indeed! I must say that I'm happy the way the picture turned out, I just considered that the snake was more scared of me than I was of him or her.

Camille said...

Hoi Connie,

Dat was zeker geen mooi gezicht. Dat gebuerd hier op Samui ook helaas te veel, ik zie hier geregeld platgereden slangen op de weg.