Friday 27 August 2010

Thai Gold price in fluctuation

Thai Gold price in fluctuation

In November 2008 I wrote a piece on this blog about Thai Gold, view it here, in which I describe some back ground information about Thai Gold, why it has a different colour to what we are used to with our Western Gold and lots of other useful and informative information about Thai Gold. It's well worth checking that post!

At the end of the post I also included a picture of the price for Thai Gold on 2nd November 2008.

That price was 12.500,-THB per Baht. Yesterday the price for Baht of Thai Gold at the same gold shop here on Koh Samui was 18.450,-THB, almost 6.000,-THB per Baht more expensive.

If you invested in some Gold back in early November 2008, as I mentioned, you could have made a nice little profit by now!

4 comments:

Mike said...

Camille I am sure this is one of the reasons Thais value gold so much.

Certainly a sellers market at the moment.

Camille said...

Hi Mike,

It's one of their reasons, don't underestimate the status symbol Thai Gold has for Thai people.

Anonymous said...

Fluctuation.... in Asia too....
I invested heavily in US mortgage backed securities in 2007 so I'm OK.

All the best, from Brokened Boonie

Camille said...

Good on you Mr. B!
When did you sell them, enquiring minds wonder..........