Saturday 28 February 2009

Goodbye to February 2009

Goodbye to February 2009

It's that time of the month again and in February it's always a few days earlier.in a nutshell, regarding the weather, February was magnificent, there was hardly any rain at all (I only remember one or two occasions) and loads of sunshine and very warm weather.
Although the thermometer constantly showed a max temp of around 30C, it was a lot warmer!

Despite the fact that most weather predictions aren't that favorable for (early) March, I would take that with a grain of salt. My fellow weather blogger from Phuket, Jamie, has has received a few requests and concerns over the March weather and he has this to say on his Phuket weather blog.
For Samui, I like the Windguru site, which I find fairly accurate, the Thai Metheorological Department and for a real live check, you can always look at these Samui webcams.

Dear readers of my blog, it's a great time to visit Thailand right now and especially Samui.
Hope to see you soon and I'm looking forward to March.

On a personal note, this February was a memorable one for all the wrong reasons with my Dad ending up in the Samitivej hospital in Bangkok where a tumor was diagnosed and a 6 month stay on Samui was cut short to just under 3 month. Right now my parents are back in the Netherlands and my Dad is in a local hospital.

Camille

No comments: