Tuesday 28 October 2008

Peanuts

Another thing learned today!

Most nuts grow on trees, for me peanuts file under nuts! To my big surprise, today I discovered that peanuts don't grow on trees or above the ground! Big city guy I am!

Lucky for me, my wife treats our garden very well and today they, my wife and the garden, surprised me!

These fairly non-descript flowers are the actual peanut 'trees'!



Once they're literally ripped out of the ground, this is what comes out; peanuts!


The 'finished' product, drying in the sun, ready to be put in the ground again, so more peanuts will end up on our table!

Camille

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Burn and throw salt on them jam jam

Anonymous said...

Jij bent echt een stadsjongen! :)) Dat pinda's zo groeiden wist ik wel, maar ik stond weer te kijken van de cashewnoten ... wat groeien die gaaf aan dat rode appeltje!

Camille Lemmens said...

Ja, ik ben echt een stadsjochie.

Maar, dat met die cashewnoten wist ik wel weer, we hebben een hele grote cahsew noten boom in de tuin. Jij kunt dus ook nog aan je boerenmeiden imago werken ;-)