Thursday 4 September 2008

4th September, 2008

Today's weather;

A nice blue sky is reigning over Plai Laem but there are big cumulus clouds waiting over the ocean. Current temp at 7 am is 27C.

Yesterday was a mixed bag, over Plai Laem there was pretty much a blue sky all day long and it was very hot, however, travelling around the island between Maenam and Chaweng, there were many heavy cloudy parts although I didn't see any rain.

The big political news is PM's Samak's radio speech scheduled ready to start right now. The big speculation is if he will resign or not.

It doesn't sound like PM Samak is about to resign as we can make up from his radio speach. Unfortunately the near future will be more interesting than anticaped.

Pending on the outcome of Samak's speech, international phone and internet connectivity may be affected, according to the Bangkok Post.

If there are any important updates, I'll keep you informed.

Camille

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Camille,

My name is Sabrina and I’m working in Shanghai and I was considering to go diving to Kho Tao during the October Holiday ( first week of October), but generally speaking how is going to be the weather in that period?

Would you suggest any particular diving operator ?

My compliments for your blog and thanks in advance for the infos.

Best Regards

Sabrina

Camille Lemmens said...

Hi Sabrina,

During October the monsoon can start but out of experience it's not very common, that usually doesn't start until November.

Planet Scuba on Koh Tao is a good choice, medium sized and friendly staff.

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Hi Camille, came across your website when looking for news on the current policital stiuation in Thailand. We are due to fly out to Koh Samui on Monday (arrive Sunday 1 night in Bangkok). I'm a bit worried about the situation - is all ok in Koh Samui ? and are people in support of the government or the PAD's. I dont want to cancel my holiday .... so looking for some news from someone living there. Thanks

Camille Lemmens said...

Hi,

Samui is very quiet regarding demonstrations. I don't see the demonstrations actually affect Samui directly, rather indirectly. Samui's airport is also privately owned and there for not likely to be closed down.

On Samui you'll find most locals to support the PAD.

At this moment I don't see any reason for cancelling your holiday.

Anonymous said...

HI Camille

Thanks for replying and your reassurance. If I am brave enough to try diving again I'll be in touch.

Gill