Wednesday 2 January 2008

About Art & Cafe, Restaurant, Nathon

Today had a nice surprise in Nathon.

Supposedly since 1995, 'About Art & Cafe' has been around, so I'm running a bit behind schedule.
Immigration and over due electricity bill payments had me travel to Nathon today. After all the business side was taken care of, I walked around Nathon and the 'About Art & Cafe' drew me in with it's nice and warm atmosphere.




It's located at the pier road (boulevard) with the pier bus station at your back, almost opposite the road, a little bit to the right.




The warm colours of the interior caught my attention when I walked by and made me go inside and give it a go.

They have a great breakfast and lunch menu and open between 8 am and 5 pm (08.00 - 17.00).

Lots of vegetarian dishes, salads and sandwiches made with home made bread fill the menu. On top of that they have a wide selection of fruit shakes, juices and smoothies.


Inside they sell various bits and pieces but all the things they sell completely melt into the surroundings and you don't have the feeling that you're sitting in a shop (well, at least part of the premises). Very nice and relaxed indeed. This picture shows various kinds of pottery that are for sale with associated bits and pieces.


Various clothes, postcards and you name it, are for sale but blend completely in with the whole set up of the place.

They also sell outstanding self made breads, ask the staff. I purchased a whole wheat/oat bread which was still slightly warm when they put it in the bag. Mmmm, yummy.



Oh yes, I also ordered food, here's a picture of my Penang Tofu Curry, with very fresh veggies in it on brown rice and in the background is my mango/banana fruit shake. For desert I had a delicious chocolate cake.

When in Nathon, make sure to visit this place, I know that I will in the future!

There's a second shop, Art Cafe between Bophud and Chaweng on the ring road, at the Samui Town Center shopping complex, so that's on the list of places to visit!

Camille

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goede tip Camille! Heb er al vaker goede dingen over gehoord, maar nog nooit de moeite genomen om naar binnen te stappen (ps heb je mijn man net gemist bij het betalen van de stroom ;)).

Camille Lemmens said...

Hoi Monique,

Kan ik aanraden, gezellig en goed eten.

Nou, dan kon je man zijn lol wel op, was hartstikke druk daar met minimaal een half uur wachten.