Monday 25 June 2007

25th June, 2007

Today's weather;

It looks very nice again, in stark contrast to the last two days. A blue sky, however laced with clouds but the sun is out again! Current temp is 26.5C

Yesterday it was all day long overcast but no rain. Max temp was 31.5C


Today will be Grandma's cremation ceremony. Every day we've been to the temple, in the morning and again in the evening, well my wife, I went last night, my wife went each night with the kids, I had appointments.
Last night however, we went all together and it was very busy. Hundreds of people come to sit and eat and it's the family who serves them, so within no time, I was involved in carrying big plates of food, plates with cutlery, water bottles to various tables and once a party left at a table, immediately the table was cleared, cleaned and restocked with food.
At around 7 pm, the monks come and chant and everybody prays and after that, everyone makes his way home. Some folks were surprised to see a Westerner running around and helping out but the family in law was highly pleased with my performance!

This morning, pretty much the same scenario will happen, folks will come to eat and I'm preparing to help out again. Around 1 pm the cremation will be and after that we'll head home.

You all have a nice day out there, I'll get back to you later.

Camille

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell the family I am sorry for there loss.

Hope you are all ok.

Camille Lemmens said...

Hi Mick,

Thanks, I'll pass the message on.

We're all fine, cheers.